Keith Croshaw - Communist Manifesto

The writing starts out as expected talking about the oppressed and the oppressor. I found it interesting the diversity of the writers of the Communist Manifesto, although historically it makes sense. I find it interesting how the writing states that the proletariat and the bourgeoisie have been growing further and further apart since for some odd reason I’ve been feeling like many sub-levels of the main classes have been melding together over time. Perhaps I just haven’t though about it enough to see through the haze.

Another interesting aspect of this first chapter is how they feel that the bourgeoisie has stripped down “he physician, the lawyer, the priest, the poet, the man of science, into its paid wage labourers.” Upon reading that statement I never would have thought any differently about these disciplines. Everyone respects people in these positions but I always have thought of them as just another job, and I wonder if I would have before capitalism. The writing also goes on to say that capitalism has done the same thing to the family, saying a family is just a money relation now; which is apparent now and even more apparent back before child labor laws were placed into affect. It is always very interesting to me taking a step back and looking at how I, and those around me live our daily lives and the meanings behind all of our actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment