Artist Statement: Allison Senak

My name is Allison Senak, and I am a fine arts turned digital arts major at TCNJ. As an artist, I have used various mediums to present the mundane in a way that is unexpected and unfamiliar. I have particularly become fond of photography, particularly digital photography, to explore this theme that has become a common thread in the work I have produced during my time at TCNJ. Ever since I could remember, I have looked at the world around with with a sense of wonder and curiosity. My interest is not limited to the natural world, although it is a place I often look to for inspiration. I am also fascinated with the realm of the man-made, including the different components that make up the objects we take for granted on a daily basis. My pictures treat these subjects as visual elements that make up the composition of a frame, similar to the way I use pencil on paper or images in a digital composite. The result I aim to achieve is for the viewer to feel the same sense of wonder and surprise that I myself feel when I shoot the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment