external sourcing katie

The article that discussed external sourcing was a little easier to decipher then internal sourcing was. The different artists offered up a variety of different ways they interperet the material world. Their work is an ever-changing process due to the external world and the way they not only deal with it, but also interpret and reproduce it. In reading about these five artists, it helped in honing in on what inspires and motives me from the outside world.

For me, nature, light, and time all seem to coincide and are my sources of external inspiration. Internally, my relationships with family, friends, people I just meet, usually generate something within me that inspires me to create and make something. Externally, I usually find myself turning towards nature, and especially the light that comes from it.. Especially when I am drawing or taking pictures, my eye and excitement look for light. Drastic use of light is what really draws me into something. When I draw, I like to set up my own light source and really bring out the shadows and highlights of what I draw. In photography, when my eye sees the light changing to something more severe and drastic, I shoot. Its exciting to see how a picture can be transformed by just the amount of light that hits your subject matter. Time is of course something that I not only set for myself, but also something that is usually pre determined for you by someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment