Artist Statement: Dan McCafferty

My name is Dan McCafferty and I am a Digital Artist as well a design in other media. Recently I have been focusing on design. I have done previous work in design, graphic art, photography, printmaking, painting, film, and graffiti art. Out of everything that I have done and experienced I enjoy digital art and designing the most. Even most of my other works that weren’t digital required some type of designing. I began at TCNJ as a fine art major mostly doing drawings with various mediums. In my third year I switched to a digital art major after taking several classes on digital media. My goal as an artist is to find what type of art I enjoy doing the most and pursuing a career in it. So far I feel like there are a few different paths but this year I plan to focus on one.

1 comment:

  1. i feel like you are moving in a good direction. The switch in majors tells me that you really have your mind set on something solid now; it is not a guess anymore. In relationship to you, I also am intrigued by graphic art, and for you to constantly look for the one thing that will make you want to live a life in that media, is something that will keep you motivated throughout our life. whether you find it or not, the fact that you have that as your inspiration is enough to produce art, and in essence become what you love doing. its like finding out isnt nearly as fun as imagining what it would be like to know..ya dig?

    ReplyDelete