Phil Grasso- External Inspiration

I read this article with a much better understanding of the authors intent.  The first article took a lot of reading and re-reading.  Not because of the concept of internal sourcing, but because every time I tried relating the passage to myself, it all went back to something external that increased a feeling or a spark of energy that possessed me to react.  I personally feel that external inspiration is much easier to relate to.  Using your surroundings to entice a certain concept is much less overwhelming and a lot less frustrating.  I, even now have a hard time separating the two.  the readings did clarify but it didn't exactly sink in; i always found a way to connect them.  
Whenever I conceive an idea for some type of art work it always seems to be related to both sides.  They work together to create something worth while.  looking back on most of the things i have done, the ones most effective were the ones I was the most excited about.  My external influence became internal and is what kept me motivated to continue on a high level.  So, I suppose my initial inspiration is on a physical level and my drive to complete such endeavors manifests internally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment