Artist Statement - Nick Biewer

Artist Statement
Nick Biewer

My name is Nick Biewer and I am an artist attending The College of New Jersey. I entered as a Fine Art major in the fall of 2006. I went into that field because I have always been interested and talented at drawing since a young age. I took a few art classes in high school which I used to create a portfolio of my drawings to present to colleges. After getting into TCNJ I went through two years of the Fine Arts program, studying various types of art such as painting, 3D design, printmaking and digital imaging, as well as drawing. I began to take a liking to the digital world of art after those courses and switched into the Digital Art major going into my junior year of college. A lot of the digital programs are new to me but I am most interested with working in Photoshop doing image collaging.
Music is one of my biggest influences in life so naturally some of my work reflects that. One of the things I want to focus on more recently is creating art that could be used as album covers for bands. Hopefully in the upcoming semester I can get out a few works in that field. Digital photography has been an exciting field to work in as well. I try to use a lot of my own photos in my works. I’m also taking a course in animation and am hoping to become fluent in those programs and be able to produce some works in that area of digital art. I am still trying to figure out what strikes me the most about art and what I want to pursue coming out of college. Hopefully this semester will give me some clarity on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment