External Sourcing-Danielle Inducci

The external sourcing article was very similar to the internal sourcing article. They both have various artists explaining how they derive inspiration for their artwork. Each artist looks at different types of external sourcing to help them create works of art. External sourcing is not about your inner thoughts, but about drawing inspiration from the world around you. Generally external artwork is something that not only the artist can relate to but the viewer as well. With internal sourcing the artwork is symbolic to the artist only. I believe my artwork is mainly inspired by external sources. I see an image or something in nature and it sparks ideas for my work. Internal sources provide little help for my work. My external resources consist of trees, the sky, flowers, parks and things of that nature. I often look at various artists to help me push my ideas further. I feel that researching is a big part of external sourcing and it can benefit many artists work.

No comments:

Post a Comment