Crystal Kan- Sourcing Inspiration

"Sourcing Inspiration" explores different ways people can achieve inspiration to create art. From the internal half, we see three separate examples of inspiration. Harrison uses her own ideas of mythological creatures, Rist uses her experience as a woman and LaVerdiere uses his own interpretation of history. In each case, there's a personal voice that speaks out for the artist through their work.

For some, inspiration is like a stroke of genius and others, a slow process over time. This obviously made me wonder about my own ways of inspiring myself to create work. Most of the time, I will have an idea and keep working on it until an "aha!" moment hits me, but that moment does not always happen. In that case, I'd either look back at my old sketchbooks or take something interesting that happened to me and draw it down.

Perhaps a simpler way of explaining inspiration is that as long as we as artists are thinking and creating, we know that we're alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment