My name is Leandra Bourdot, and I am a senior Fine Arts major. Throughout my life, an interest in storytelling and bookmaking has been the driving force behind my work, and this is what my respective interests in painting, collage, and pen-and-ink illustration have found outlet in. Process is also an important element in the creation of my work, which in itself reinforces the story I'm telling.

In the upcoming year I aim to continue this process, focused along a story first conceived over five years ago which has since evolved and come to rest in the form I am now exploring. Since then, I have begun work on a number of pieces I want to utilize as part of the storytelling, including painting, 3-d collage, and the writing and illustrating of a book. I hope to continue on with this work to push towards an immersive overall piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment