Artist Statement: Dennis Quinn

My name is Dennis J. Quinn. With Music in one hand, Art in the other I juggle the two and simultaneously mix poetry and sports in as I please. I feel confident and well rounded in the pallets of life. I am generally ambidextrous in almost everything. I use this as leverage to tell myself that my brain is already naturally wired differently than a huge portion of the population. From there I assume my thoughts, actions and capabilities must be different too (even though they might not be (ha)) . Both sides of my body and brain tend to feel and respond dominantly, although I do stink at math. I tend to create things that seem different or creative without any force applied. I am in the Digital Media BA. I do not seem to have any one medium that I stick to or gravitate towards. I like to draw, paint, use computer software, take photos, perform art and music live, and go to see others works and contributions to the art scene. Although this is an artist statement, I do not consider myself an artist, rather a very lucky individual who has some gifts and curses that work well together. I graduated from Mercer County Community College with an Associates Degree in Digital Media Art. The transfer to TCNJ has been rough and this school is much more difficult and demanding. My knowledge of things as they really are and were, seem to expand exponentially as I continue courses here.

1 comment:

  1. Review
    Hey just posting this here since I haven't gotten your personal blog yet.

    The sentences are strong but seem to be a little too concise, perhaps try to combine some of your initial sentences. Obviously don’t mention the artist statement and give yourself a little more credit with the not considering yourself an artist. Otherwise good, I know how you feel having a rough transfer.

    ReplyDelete