Sourcing Inspiration: Dan McCafferty

This article describes different types of Inspiration and how it is discovered in ones self. People do different things such as meditation or take hallucinogen drugs. Some artist’s inspiration lies within them and they simply wait to find it or it to be revealed. The first artist Jan Harrison is very spiritual and feels a connection to a life of animals. Her work usually involves a self portrait of her mixed between a certain animal. Her connection or “language” with animals is her inspiration.
Another artist discussed is Pipilotti Rist. Her internal inspiration is emotion and negative feelings or dreams. The last Artist is Julian LaVerdiere admits that her inspiration is continuous and is a steady phenomenon. I could not really connect with any of the 3 artist’s way of finding inspiration. This article made me think of how I get my own inspiration and I really don’t know. I’d like to think that I just get ideas in everyday life and situations. It made me think and now I am really going to pay attention to where I find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment