External Sources of Inspiration: Dan McCafferty

External Inspiration is driven by the visual aspects of the world rather than what the mind thinks. The artists in these articles explain how they come up with their idea and their train of thought. Some of the artists use logos and advertising while others use nature or the government. I feel that a lot of my work that I do it very visual or inspired through external sourcing. Some of the art I produce are clearly a metaphor or an issue that I have been interested in. External inspiration is a lot easier to spark for me as an artist but I still feel that internal inspiration is a more interesting outcome and process.
Most of my art work starts out as a visual idea and then I add onto it by thinking internally or possibly in a dream. I usually have an idea in my head for days at a time before I start even producing any work. When I feel that I put enough time in the visual and the mental both completely then I begin. I think that each artist in the articles both uses internal and external inspiration. Most art begins with an idea whether it’s internal or external and then the other side is usually thought about as well. The process can go either way for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment