Reading response 2-Phil Grasso

This was very interesting to read. I have a pretty good understanding of what it means to be completely unmotivated to do any kind of art.  Every time it seems as though I just give up because I feel as though nothing I am producing is of any quality.  As an artist I tend to question everything that I do.  Whether it be good or bad I try to always be my harshest critic.  Being that I have not exactly pin-pointed my "true love" of art, and it can be very frustrating.  Recently I have been really excited about creating different pieces of art.  I constantly look for new inspiring ways to progress, but I never really thought about why something inspires me.  When i think about it, it becomes a very personal experience.  How do you know when something is right?  It seems as though it is just a feeling one gets and they know right away.  
When I hear the artists talk about what keeps them motivated, and how there is such a wide range of differences among them I almost acts as a muse.   If it happens to come from material things, imagined things ( hallucinations) or spiritually.  That becomes a big question for me.  internal inspiration sounds so arbitrary, mainly because I am always being inspired by visual elements of my surroundings.  They usually manifest into something internal but the starting point never seems to be completely and utterly inside my being.   I cant help but feel that achieving this would be enlightening, in a sense.  The ultimate way of inspiration.        

No comments:

Post a Comment