Artist Statement- Phil Grasso

Hi my name is Phil Grasso, and am a senior Fine Arts major. I transferred here from Ocean County College my second semester of my sophomore year. Most of my work has be on canvas with oil, and recently I have become very interested in digital painting and design. I never found much interest in the computer but through the past few years I have been trying to develope my knowledge and understanding. I enjoy photography and drawing as well. I love working with ballpoint pens sketching ideas and creating new work. It has become a very satisfying to watch myself progress. In years to come I hope to finish my masters in New York and eventually work in clothing and graphic t-shirt design.   Although I am still semi-confused about what kind of art i love the most I tend, throughout this year, to finally become someone that can sit down with a solid portfolio of work in the media I hope to magically fall in love with.  It is a slow process but there is no doubt in my mind that its on the horizon.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you have a very wide variety of skills and interested. I think you need to pin point what you really want to do and focus on that. I have the same problem picking what I really want to focus on as well. A good idea would be to try to incorporate your drawing into a digital form to help you design.

    ReplyDelete