Sourcing information-Danielle Inducci

I found this reading to be very interesting and different from most articles about resources. I enjoyed reading the different perspectives from the 3 different artists. Each one goes about external sourcing in many different ways. Some may research through past artists exhibits or on the internet searching through specific categories. While others simply dig into their subconscious and create images from their own imagination. Trying to recall what inspires me the most is a bit more difficult then how these artists create work. Not one specific thing encourages me to create work. I draw from cultures, my environment, my own imagination and from art work i have previously seen from other artists. A combination of sourcing I feel benefits my work because then it is not about one thing specifically. Also I am drawn to many different mediums and therefore find external sourcing from many different places. Jan Harrison is one artist that stuck out in my mind in this reading. Her work, which is mainly inspired by evolution and her own creative thoughts of natural things is very interesting to me. She does not use external sourcing. She prefers not to look at similar images she is creating. She tries to create something fresh and new from her subconscious that is strictly connected with her imagination. She is extremely passionate and dedicated to her work. I feel that internal sourcing is also important in creating a piece that you feel connected with. I admire how hard she works and aspire to have that same dedication to my work this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment